Monday 3 November 2014

Another piped driver speaker design.

I did my 3rd speaker design last Saturday. It is of Piping composition concept only, but this time acoustic behavior was similar to Pluto but drivers were completely different. Drivers were passive crossed over too with a simple capacitor (as it came with a Panasonic DVD player's speakers).

Because of the damping inside pipe and 180 degree horizontal sound wave direction and placing the speaker at least 3 feet away from both front and side wall, imaging was wonderful, sound clear, true to its content.
I compared it with my Tube and Cabasse set where the former one came out clearer. It does not have the heavy weight bass Cabasse brings out. It rather brings out distinct flavours, timbre sounds of individual instruments.

I believe I need to pack it more, and will be sealing it once they are properly packed. I need to steel base plates too, present baseplate is not heavy enough. It needs to be wide too.

I am happy listening it. I do not or intend to use instruments to measure sounds coming out of it as I will be listening it. My measurements are by my ear and other speakers only. These speakers are mostly made for my understanding of sound and pleasure of music only. I although feel these design is simple, effective, compact, can accommodate various drivers and can be played in rooms of various shapes and sizes. We only need to keep them 3 feet away from front and side walls while listening sound through it.

Here are some photos.



4 comments:

  1. Hi Dada,

    I have been following your creation for quite sometime, it seems to be very interesting and a cost effective way of making speakers.I would like to them hear them once if possible, since we have a small circle of music lovers who love to hear good music and sound. We are also thinking of similar home made project but somehow not being able to go for it since we do not have enough knowledge of the subject. Is it possible to get in touch, I am residing in Kolkata, please let me know...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Hello Suman,
    You can always get in touch with me in this blog or in facebook.
    Happy listening.

    ReplyDelete